We have the following vacancy to join our small, innovative team in the fantastic Oxford Science Park with great transport, parking and amenities. If you are interested in innovative software development, data-analytics, exciting web-based projects, and web technology we may have a job for you. For further information about the company, view our About OXIL page.
£32,000-35,000 + benefits
Ability to work remotely
Ability to travel internationally, at least 25% of time
As a member of Oxil’s consulting team, you will manage work on a variety of research and consulting projects for industry and government. This role requires creativity and oragnisation to manage multiple projects, global teams and client relations, identify and execute business development opportunities, and develop commercial bids on tight deadlines. Strong data analysis and visualisation skills are required to be successful in this role.
You will work across technical and policy/legal teams, providing expertise and collaborating closely on projects and reports for clients. This requires research, writing, data analysis and data visualisation skills to identify and deliver insights to clients. The role requires significant experience working with and advising a variety of organisations including national governments and international organisations. Working closely with clients globally means you will need to be an organised self-starter and have demonstrated ability to manage relationships in person and at a distance. In addition, you must be able to analyse, simplify, and clearly communicate complex technical and policy issues, sometimes on short deadlines. This includes expertise in areas such as data protection, DNS ecosystem, cybersecurity, the IoT and OTT.
As a consultant you will represent Oxil externally with clients, governments, partners, and think tanks. The ability to build and maintain good working relationships across a broad range of stakeholders is essential. Business development is a key aspect of this position. The successful candidate will be a team player who can support Oxil’s current projects, as well as bring with them strong working relationships in government and industry globally, and be able to develop Oxil’s portfolio of offerings particularly in the areas of data protection and cybersecurity.
- Manage projects from inception to completion
- Build and manage relationships with clients, partners, government, policy makers and industry
- Engage directly with government, industry, internet governance organisations, and third parties
- Engage directly with international internet governance and intergovernmental organisations such as ICANN, EU, ITU
- Identify potential new business opportunities and execute business development plans
- Create and win commercial bids including budgeting, team building and methodology development
- Execute research and data analysis in collaboration with technical and policy/legal teams
- Execute data visualisations to draw insight and clearly represent information
- Contribute to institutional knowledge through networking and external engagement
- Represent Oxil externally at events, including speaking and moderator roles
- Deliver high-quality projects, reports, and deliverables for clients
- Provide focused and specialised knowledge transfer to clients
- Write clear, well researched and analysed reports, white papers, and articles
- Three or more years of experience in internet/digital policy research, analysis and writing
- Two or more years working with international internet governance organisations (e.g. ICANN, ISOC, IGF, FoC, ITU)
- Information assurance qualifications (e.g. CESG Cybersecurity/IA professional, ISO 27000, CISMP)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- MS degree in communications, public policy, international relations or similar
- Fluency in a foreign language a plus
Skills & Experience
- Experience working across technical and non-technical teams
- Experience directly influencing and engaging in international governance and technical standards bodies
- Experience advising governments or regulators on internet policy, cybersecurity and developing technologies such as GDPR, IoT and OTT
- Experience executing risk assessments and/or information assurance audits
- Experience working with public, private and third sectors
- Experience of creating data visualisations and working with statistical software
- Experience managing projects from initial bid to completion
- Demonstrated ability developing national and organisation level strategies and recommendations
- Can bring with them a strong portfolio of contacts across government and industry
- Demonstrated networking skills with the ability to build international relationships and succeed in cross-cultural environments
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time, in budget, work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Self-starter who can plan, manage and execute projects
- Ability to identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and in a team, with local and international partners
To apply: please email a summary of your qualifications and work experience or latest CV for the attention of Emily Taylor (CEO) to [email protected].
10 December 2017
Web Developer (VACANCY FILLED)
£ Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role: Web Developer – web application development, database design, GUI interfaces, testing, integration. Communication with clients providing technical support and solutions.
About OXIL: an IT Software Development Consultancy. Our core business is web technology, clever websites, and business intranet systems. OXIL are a small development team with a number of blue-chip, long-term mature software development contracts. We are seeking to continue to grow the business with a core innovative team at the centre of our work.
About you: a team player, who loves learning and discovering new things, willing to take on programming, design, and development challenges in a multi-tasking environment. A can-do attitude, friendly, with good communication skills, working to high standards, while pragmatic about having to compromise within budgetary and time constraints. Ability to explain complex technology in simple terms to clients and users. All training and mentoring will be provided.
Qualifications and experience: educated to Degree level or equivalent, and experience of web development and providing internet solutions for clients.
To apply: please email a summary of your qualifications and work experience or latest CV for the attention of Mark Robertshaw (Systems Architect) or Lucien Taylor (CEO, Product Development Director) to [email protected].